Welcome to the website for the Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA) at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA). This website is here to serve as a resource to inform you of our mission and activities planned throughout the academic year.
The mission of our organization is to increase the support for Black faculty, students, and staff at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA). The organization strives to accomplish this mission by serving as an advocate and support group for the concerns of Black faculty, staff, and students at local, state, national, and university levels. Additionally, the BFSA actively works towards enhancing the recruitment, retention, and advancement of Black faculty, staff, and students as we seek to pursue the vision and mission of UTSA. As such, the BFSA:
- Provides a forum for addressing important academic issues that affect the Black community both at UTSA and beyond.
- Endeavors to improve the academic and work environment for Black faculty, administrators, staff, and students at UTSA.
- Provides resources for the development and retention of Black faculty, administrators, staff, and students at UTSA.
- Advises UTSA leaders and the UTSA community regarding the needs and concerns of Black faculty, staff, and student members at UTSA.
- Promotes equity and diversity as important components regarding employment and academic pursuits within the University.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with various University units, alumni, community groups, and Black faculty, administrators, and staff at other local, regional and national institutions.
- Monitors and encourages diversity as an integral part of the mission of UTSA.
- Provides networking and support systems for Black faculty, administrators, staff, and students.
If you would like more information related to our organization and our programming, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to hearing and meeting you. UTSA is located in a vibrant and diverse area of the country and we would embrace your active involvement in supporting our mission. Your participation is critical to our success as an organization! Please friend us our on Facebook page or Twitter page to keep up with the latest news and information.
President, UTSA BFSA